1. Critically explored the role of research and experimentation to inform an illustrative solution in relation to a given brief.
2. Produced a body of research work containing material that has been critically evaluated and analysed in relation to problem-solving for briefs.
4. Demonstrated an awareness of visually communicating to a specific audience and within an illustrative genre.
5. Developed an awareness of professional practice within this sector of the creative industries
(6) Demonstrated an awareness of visually communicating to a specific audience
Having picked my conspiracy theories i have now started looking deeper into what style i would like for my design.
To do this i have looked at political art/ street art. I feel that this is a great place to look for inspiration as this theme of art is modern and has strong clear narratives behind it.
Another thing i like about this theme of art is how playful and creative it can be, often combining different ideas, stories and contexts.
What is going on here? – An artistic statement against masks
What do you see that makes you think that? – the artist has taken a famous art piece (the girl with the pearl earring) and covered it up with a mask.
What else can i find out? – Did they make this piece for or against the compulsary use of masks
What is going on here? – An artist drawing light on how graffiti is covered up and seen as bad
What do you see that makes you think that? – There is a workman plastering blank paper on top of graffiti. The graffiti is vibrant and colourful but the wallpaper is blank and plain
What else can i find out? –
What is going on here? – A souldier in a pillow fight with a protester.
What do you see that makes you think that? – One of theme is wearing a military uniform and one is in casual clothes with a face covering showing that he does not want to be identified as he is a protester.
What else can i find out? – What are they fighting for?
What is going on here? – An artist calling donald trump, vladmir putin and kim jong un psychos
What do you see that makes you think that? – They are all in a band called ‘The Psychos’
What else can i find out? – Why did they place donald trump as the lead singer? does their role have to do with their character.